Saturday, November 3, 2007

smashing pumpkins




I bet you're wondering what we're looking at in this picture.

OK, I'll tell you. It's a picture of a pumpkin patch. The interesting thing about this particular patch is its location, you don't normally see pumpkin vines growing on hillsides. It's not that they don't do well on hillsides, au contraire, look at the picture. It's just that usually they're in big, flat fields. And with good reason.

Well, I'll tell you something else.

This particular hillside is located directly behind my house. Right outside my bedroom, actually. Here's a picture of that...
Not one, but two quite large pumpkins have broken free and come careening into the wall right behind the head of our bed. Which makes the month of October "Heart Attack in the Middle of the Night Month" in our house.

Here's the most recent culprit------------->>
The pumpkin, not the baby, I just threw her in for context and cuteness.
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
I think we've all learned our lesson here.

2 comments:

Tegan Henry said...

OH...MY...GOD!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you can't sleep through that? come on! aren't you the same top bunk Jaime that slept through the motown blasting from the alarm clock?