Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Me and Mr. Jones

We got a thing goin on.

Well, sometimes we do. And sometimes we, um, don't.

I certainly can't speak for any other men, but I've had a small epiphany about mine. He has a weekly cycle. A circadian rhythm of sorts that starts over about every seven days. It's like this: Monday, mama's not gettin any love; but by the time Saturday rolls around, I can hardly move without stirring a certain kind of excitement.
Other people have noticed something similar and have written songs about it. There's "Manic Monday," "Rainy Days and Mondays," "Monday, Monday" (ba-dah, ba-da-da-dah), but perhaps most appropriate is "It's Friday (I'm in Love)." In Office Space there was that whole "looks like someone's got a serious case of the Mondays" thing. It's all the same blues, it's just that in my house, it manifests itself in lascivious behavior (or the lack thereof).
I can't tell you how glad I am to have unlocked this mystery. It used to cause friction (hee hee) of another kind in our relationship. Now I know it has very little to do with me, and now I have a perfect revenge for those PMS comments. This, of course, is why I'm sharing my new findings, as it could be a weapon in any woman's arsenal.
It could be that we're getting older. Lord knows, it used to not matter at all what day it was. I can take heart though, that even though he's knockin on 30's door, he's still going to be 19 every Friday.

No comments: