Friday, September 7, 2007

you're a big girl now.

Today was Mazzy's first day of preschool.

I rolled her out of bed, got her dressed, brushed her teeth, and (here's the best part) dropped her off.


The nursery school she goes to is a 3-year old's paradise, full of play-dough and little furniture and blocks and books and costumes. She gave her teachers their apples (why don't kids do this anymore?), and after a quick kiss and hug for me & Eden, it was "bye, mom!"


I walked outside and fought the urge to go back in to kiss her again and make sure she was OK, then I realized I was about to start crying and ran to my car so no one would see me fall apart. I must have checked the clock every three minutes to make sure I wasn't going to be late to pick her up.


It's only three hours three days a week. I'm sure eventually I'll figure out what to do with myself.

1 comment:

Tegan Henry said...

ohhhhh, she's wearing a backpack...
now *that's a tearjerker in itself