Monday, October 20, 2008

three things

that made this a great Monday morning:

1. I woke up next to my warm, sleeping husband. This hasn't been happening with much regularity over the last two months, as harvest usually wakes him up long before me or keeps him away all night.
But yesterday, he had a day off. So he took the girls to the pumpkin patch and made a huge pot of his famous vegetable soup and got to sleep in this morning until eight! Mmmmmm. The vegetable soup leads me to the second thing...

2. Pink pee! The soup is always heavy on beets, at Mazzy's request. And there's nothing like a good surprise to get your day going.

and finally...

3. Coffee. Oh, coffee, I will never take you for granted again. Our coffee pot broke at the end of the summer and we endured two confusing months without caffeine. I finally got wise and bought a french press last week, and it's been pure joy ever since. Pure joy and lots of cleaning.
And a happy Monday to you.

1 comment:

mhp said...

my thoughts exactly! two months...two husbandless months....i can't even wrap my mind around it...